Drive for Active Truck Transport
Want to drive a new truck every time?
No Bumping Docks
When you drive for Active Truck Transport, we offer a truly unique truck driving experience – no more hours spent at warehouses waiting to be loaded or unrealistic appointment times.
Kick Your Feet Up
Since you deliver the trucks you drive, this gives you a chance to sit back and relax on your flight back to your next load. Not to mention that our travel department handles all the ticketing and hassle for you. Did we mention that you get to keep ALL your travel miles?
Tired of Sleeping in Your Truck?
Our drivers take a hot shower every night in their own hotel rooms. We make it easy for you to find parking and lodging with our apps and travel team – you also get to keep ALL your hotel points as well.
Building the Career You Want
We are here to support you and your family – we offer all our employees an opportunity for peace of mind in retirement with our 100% company-sponsored pension. We offer stay-out, retention, and safety bonuses to stay highly competitive with the top-paying carriers. We want to welcome you to our Active family and give you an opportunity for a career like no other.
- Active Drivers must have a valid Class A CDL with doubles/triples endorsement. Applicants without the T endorsement must obtain it before attending orientation.
- Applicants must have one year, verifiable over-the-road tractor-trailer experience within the past three years, or 2 years OTR experience within the past five.
- Applicants may not have any major violations within the past 3 years.
- Applicants must have no more than one preventable accident within the past three years.
- Applicants must be willing to travel in all 48 contiguous states and Canada.
- Applicants must be willing to routinely fly commercial airlines and because of some airlines’ regulations you can occupy no more than one seat. The company provides one coach class airfare.
- Driver experience waiver available on a case-by-case basis.
Have questions? Talk to one of our recruiters!
Mileage and undecking pay
We offer competitive mileage pay as well as payment for undecking trucks.
Vacation & Holiday Pay
- After 1 year: 1 week (2% of annual earnings)
- 2 to 8 years: 2 weeks (4% of annual earnings)
- 9 to 14 years: 3 weeks (6% of annual earnings)
- 15+ years: 4 weeks (8% of annual earnings)
Each driver is given 10 paid holidays per year plus 1 personal day.
The company will contribute to the International Association of Machinists pension plan on the employee’s behalf.
All of our drivers are awarded a .01¢ per mile bonus for accident-free driving. These bonuses are paid annually in December.
After 30 days employment, single and family health insurance plans through the International Association of Machinists are provided for our employees with no contribution from the employee.
Frequent flyer miles
Our drivers keep all the frequent flyer miles they earn on returning flights.
Because of the unique nature of our business you will experience a thorough orientation/training process that consists of the following
- a typical DOT physical
- drug and road testing
- basic agility testing
- an overview of company operations and safety standards
- an overview of practices and procedures
- a final interview and submission of hiring paperwork
You will actually work in the decking shop for several days to see first-hand how the trucks are decked for shipment. From there you will start delivering trucks in convoy with a qualified trainer on several trips to familiarize yourself with the different saddle mount combinations we use.
The first five days of orientation and deck training are paid at $141.12 per day. Any shop time beyond that pays regular shop rate. Road trips with a trainer pay full mileage rate.
Once you have been qualified, you will be required to attend a company orientation. We will provide transportation and lodging. Meals are at your expense. You should plan to bring the following items with you.
- Copy of your birth certificate or valid passport
- Money for meals and personal expenses
- Suitable clothing for work and travel
- Your original social security card and commercial driver’s license
- A copy of your marriage license and birth certificates or legal documents for any dependent children for insurance and benefits enrollment forms
You must have the T endorsement on your license prior to attending orientation/training.
- Breaker Bar: You can use the Swivel Head Ratchet
- Wire Strippers
- Regular Sockets
- Crescent Wrench (12″, Extra Wide): If Standard Crescent Wrench, a 1 1/2″ wrench will be needed for SFES loads
- Combo Wrenches (12 Point)
- Deep Well Sockets: These will work on all connections
- 1 1/4″
- 1 1/8″
- 1/2″ Swivel Head
- Ratchet Wrenches
- Sledge Hammer (2-3 lbs.)
- Electrical Test Light
- Channel Locks (10″)
- Tin Snips (Straight Cut, Metal)
- Impact Driver (1/2″, Air or Battery Operated)
- Phillips Screwdriver (#2)
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- T30 Star Wrench
- Safety Shoes (Steel Toe or Composite): Up to $85 will be reimbursed with original receipt
- 2 Yellow Straps
- 1 Knock-Off Wrench
- 1 Set of Warning Triangles